The Durham Virtual Urgent Care Clinic is currently closed. Please return during operating hours of 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM Monday to Friday and 10:00 AM to 02:00 PM on weekends and holidays.
If you are experiencing any of the following, call 911 and do NOT drive yourself to the hospital:
• Life or limb threatening conditions
• Acute chest pain
• Acute shortness of breath
• Extreme lethargy
• Severe distress
• Signs or symptoms of stroke such as changes in speech, or weakness of one side of the body
Lakeridge Health and its Emergency Department physicians and nurses, in collaboration with Durham primary care partners, is now offering a virtual urgent care clinic to provide you with timely access to an emergency department physician. This service is supported by Ontario Health and is for urgent medical conditions that are not life or limb threatening.
Your primary care provider should always be your first point of contact. If you cannot access your primary care provider in a timely manner, or you do not have a primary care provider, this clinic is a suitable option.
You may also use the Urgent Care Durham website(https://www.urgentcaredurham.ca/ or by calling 905-706-9798) in the event that this clinic is closed or experiencing heavy volumes.
The following is required to use the virtual urgent care clinic:
• Ontario Health Card
• If you have selected a virtual visit (vs a telephone visit) the following are required:
• Internet connection
• Smart phone, tablet, or computer with webcam/microphone/speaker
• Modern browser (e..g, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge)
• The visit will be conducted through Microsoft Teams. Click here for instructions on how to access your consult.
• For any urgent technical support issues, please call Lakeridge Health’s IT Help Desk at 905-576-8711 extension 38326.
• The clinic operates on a walk-in basis from 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM Monday to Friday and 10:00 AM to 02:00 PM on weekends and holidays. Intake forms can be submitted one hour prior to the clinic opening. Registration forms will be accepted until 15 minutes prior to the closing time. Consultation requests will not be accepted outside of these hours.
• Upon requesting a consultation, you will be given the option to receive a text message or email when it is time to return. You can expect to be seen within four hours of requesting a visit.
• Emergency Departments continue to be open for in-person visits and are safe for patients.
• Primary care clinics throughout Durham Region continue to offer urgent care services:
Medical Associates of Port Perry: https://portperrymedical.ca/ucb/
Bowmanville Health Centre: http://www.bowmanvillehealthcentre.ca/
Oshawa Clinic Group: https://www.oshawaclinic.com/
Central Pickering Family Practice https://icarevirtual.com/
An alternative virtual clinic can be found at https://www.urgentcaredurham.ca/ or by phoning 905-706-9798 should this clinic be closed or experiencing heavy volumes.